The Governing Board
What do the Governors at Horn’s Mill do?
The Governing Board has three specific roles, these are:
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
- Holding the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils.
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction.
How we Work:
The Governing Board meets in full on a termly basis – further information about the general content of these meetings can be obtained from the School’s Office. In addition, the Board has established two committees that also meet termly to review and discuss the details of school life. These committees cover:
- Curriculum and Standards
- Finance, Staffing and Premises
What is the Strategic Vision for Horn’s Mill School?
As part of our role, the Governing Board establishes and monitors the longer-term strategic vision for the school. Over the coming years, the Governing Board at Horn’s Mill Primary School endeavours to:
- Continue to strengthen the school’s reputation by prioritising positive relationships with children, parents/carers and stakeholders. As a result, Horn’s Mill will continue to be the first choice for families within the catchment area.
- Develop and support staff to ensure that existing good practise in the school is sustained and improved.
- With increased stability, we expect to see absence rates plateau and begin to decrease.
- Continue to apply a holistic approach to the delivery of a curriculum that affords every child the opportunity to flourish.
- Continue to improve and streamline school business management to ensure greater financial stability and to maintain the integrity of the school premises.
- Be at the forefront of proposed local developments in order to capitalise on opportunities for additional income streams; thus, enhancing provision by accelerating developments in the school environment and learning resources.
As Governors, we also share a common aim of strengthening links to the wider school community – working in partnership with parents and carers to ensure that every child can succeed and reach their full potential.
The Board of Governors at Horn’s Mill Primary School is a team, not a collection of individuals or groups with separate agendas. However much we may differ in our opinions and experiences, we are united by our commitment to the school and the responsibility we share for the school’s long-term success.
For further information, or enquiries, the Governing Board can be contacted through the School's Office or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org